Publications and Presentation Papers
Below is a list of the technical papers and publications of Dr. Timothy Oketch, the principal to TIMCON Associates. For a copy of the full paper or publication, please contact us.
- Oketch T., and Abonyo, M., 2021: Evaluation of Road Safety Interventions at the Salgaa Black Spot on Nakuru – Eldoret (A8) Road, 18th International Road Forum (IRF) World Meeting and Exhibition Dubai, November 7-11, 2021, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Oketch T., Ogai, M, et al, 2020: Post-COVID Economic Recovery: Rethinking Kenya’s Road Infrastructure Development Model, a Paper Presented at the 27th Institution of Engineers of Kenya Conference in Mombasa, Kenya, 2020
- Oketch T. and Abira N., 2018: Blackspot Analysis and Prioritization in Kenya. Presentation of Research paper during the iTRARR Conference, Mombasa, Kenya.
- Oketch T., and Rugarama G., 2018: An Assessment of LRT Operations in Emery Village, Toronto and potential application in Kenya. Presentation of Research paper during the iTRARR Conference, Mombasa, Kenya.
- Oketch T., Traffic Planning for the PanAM Games at York University Athletics Venue, Presentation at the 2016 CITE Conference in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, June 2016.
- Oketch T., and Rugarama, G, 2015: Calibrating Traffic Streams with Motorcycles, Presentation at the 2015 CITE Conference in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, June 2015.
- Oketch T., and Dankmeyer, D., 2012: Performance Measurement Upgrade for Traffic Operations on Regional Arterial Roads, Presentation at the 2012 CITE Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, May 2012.
- Oketch T. and Dilwaria, M., 2011: Calibration of a Micro-Simulation Model in a Large Urban Network. Presented at the TAC Annual Conference 2011 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Oketch T., Cafarelli, J, and Dankmeyer, D., 2009: Improving Traffic Operations by Development of Traffic Performance Measurement System, Presentation at the ITS Canada Annual Conference, Edmonton Alberta, Canada
- Oketch T., and Guebert, A., 2008: Modelling Lane Reversal Operations at the Calgary Stampede Grounds, Presentation at the 2008 CITE Conference in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Oketch T. and Garland J., 2007: Assessing Future Network Requirements using Micro-Simulation Modelling. Presentation at the 2007 CITE Conference in Toronto, Canada
- Oketch T., and Mukherjee A., 2006: Using Micro-Simulation in Evaluating Neighbourhood Infiltration Counter – Measures, Presented at CITE Conference, Banff, Alberta, Canada
- Oketch T., and Carrick M., 2005: Calibration and Validation of Micro-Simulation Model in Network Analysis, Paper # 05-1938 in pre-print CD and presented at the TRB Annual Meeting, Washington DC, USA
- Oketch T., Delsey M., and Robertson D., 2004: Evaluation Of Performance Of Modern Roundabouts Using Paramics Micro-Simulation Model, Proceedings of TAC Annual Conference, Quebec City, Canada
- Oketch T, 2003: Performance Characteristics of Heterogeneous Traffic Flows Containing Non-Motorized Vehicles, presented in the 82nd Transportation Research Board Meeting Washington DC, Canada.
- Oketch T., 2001: A Model for Heterogeneous Traffic Flows including Non-Motorized Vehicles, PhD Dissertation, ISBN 3-9804741-4-3, Institute for Traffic Studies, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Oketch T., 2000: A New Modelling Approach for Mixed Traffic Streams Containing Non-Motorized Vehicles, Presented at 79th TRB Meeting in Washington DC, USA and published in Transportation Research Record, 1705
- Oketch T., 2000: Estimation of Vehicular Emission Coefficients for Countries without Emission Inventories, A Case Study of Kenya, in Urban Transportation and Environment, Proceedings of CODATU IX Conference in Mexico.