Traffic Management in Nairobi, Kenya
The Study is concerned with providing Technical Assistance to KURA in Traffic Management to facilitate development of quick win measures to address congestion within the City of Nairobi. This project is being undertaken as part of the Outering Road (C59) Construction project. The following measures were considered:
- Parking Strategy for the CBD
- Traffic Impact Study guidelines for KURA
- Safety interventions at Kangemi area
- Public transit solutions including diametric routes following the BRT plan.
- Improvement of the NMT N-S and E-W corridors within the CBD
- Reconstruction of roadway sections within Mathare North area to improve connectivity to Outering Road Corridor
- Improvements & Signalization of Kangundo -Umoja 1 Access Road Junction
This Study is on-going.